Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Is prognosis of squamous cell carcinoma is good for tongue ?

sir the prognosis of squamous cell carcinoma of tongue is good or bad sir my relative go for the biopsy 2nd time he has a lesion on the under surface of the tongue about 8 month before now before the treatment in aiims he had swelling in submandibular area which was burst after radiotherapy and he also go through for chemotherapy but the area of parotid gland is now swell up so i want to ask his chance of being alive
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
I am afraid the things you have said do not go for a easy path for your patient. Yes squamous cell cancer are better that adeno carcinome, but tongue cancers are very tircky. Please go to IRCH inside AIIMS. You may meet Prof GK Rath or Dr Sushma Bhatnagar with my reference. They will help you
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor