Is pregnancy possible while on birth control pills?

I am 47 yrs old who had PCOS since I was 18 yrs old. I currently a cyst on my right ovary and fibrois in my uterus. I am a 50 mg birth control pill. I don t want to get pregnant is there any chance if I have unprotective sex with my partner that I would get pregnant.
Thu, 9 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

At 50 years with PCOD it is unlikely to get pregnant. In addition you are taking OC pills. You can get an ultrasound scan to confirm your ovulation or Hormonal study to confirm ovarian function. Accordingly you can stop OC pills and enjoy sex.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.