Is pregnancy possible when not on medications for PCOD?

My doctor gave me metformin 500 some years back when i was overweight and had facial hair in 1year only i stopped it and lost my weight and all.Now im married and want a child tried two months shud i start it again vil i get pregnant. without going to doctor my in laws dont want .....
Thu, 22 Sep 2016
HELLO DEAR
I understand your concern
If you have normal menstrual period then you can become pregnant.
I would suggests to undergo the following investigations: reproductive hormone analysis, USG scan, ovarian follicle study, blood sugar and lipid profile for better management.
If all investigations will come normal then no problem.
If you have disturbed hormone then you have to take progesterone pill, clomiphene citrate and metformin.
All these medicine increase the chance of the conceive.
Do not start medicine by your self.
Do regular exercise, avoid excessive sweets and alcohol in the diet.
Take more fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables, drink plenty of water and avoid stress.
Hope this may help you

Contact HCM for further health query
Best regards
Dr. Sagar