Is pregnancy possible through intercourse done immediately after completion of menstruation?

yesterday was d last d of my period n today I had unprotected sex.is der any chance of pregnancy? day before yesterday was d last day of my periods but yesterday I blessed a drop or lil and today I had unprotected sex.I m NOT taking any birth control pills, my love ejaculated inside me.. we thought unprotected sex after periods is safe. but now we both are little worried..is there any chance of me getting pregnant? should I take birth control pil now? or is it fine
Fri, 11 Jun 2021

Commonly, having unprotected sex after completion of the menstruation (last day of menses) shouldn't make you pregnant if your cycles are regular and don't keep changing. It's unlikely that you'll get pregnant just after your period, although it can happen since you are not on any contraceptives. Ovulation in some women starts as soon as six days or so after the first day of their last period.

The most fertile period is the time of ovulation (when an egg is released from the ovaries), which usually occurs 12 to 14 days before your next period starts. In such a situation if you are not planning for a baby and are too worried about getting pregnant than you can take emergency CP within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician

Hello, Commonly, having unprotected sex after completion of the menstruation (last day of menses) shouldn t make you pregnant if your cycles are regular and don t keep changing. It s unlikely that you ll get pregnant just after your period, although it can happen since you are not on any contraceptives. Ovulation in some women starts as soon as six days or so after the first day of their last period. The most fertile period is the time of ovulation (when an egg is released from the ovaries), which usually occurs 12 to 14 days before your next period starts. In such a situation if you are not planning for a baby and are too worried about getting pregnant than you can take emergency CP within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse. Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician