Is pregnancy possible after taking Plan B?

Hi doctors, I recently had unprotected sex with my boyfriend this happened about 3 days ago he did not cum in me but after sex I still peed and washed myself because of the precum I took a plan b pill the next morning about 23 hours after sex for precaution and as of now 3 days after I’m still freaking out about getting pregnant. This was my first time and I’m honestly paranoid. As far as symptoms I pee often (not sure if that’s a symptom, how can I fix that?) also I have small cramps like if my period was planning to come, I do feel a little bloated but I’m not constipated.. my last period ended around April the 14 so I should’ve been expecting my period soon I’m usually regular unless I’m stressing.... is there any possibility of me being pregnant? Thank you in advance I’m just anxious I know it’s too soon but what should I expect? When will I know if the pill worked
Thu, 7 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

According to your description the possibility of pregnancy is less. As there was no ejaculation and you took the emergency contraceptive pill within 24 hrs of the intercourse. According to manufacturers you can expect around 85% of protection. Increase frequency of micturition can be due to small abrasions due to intercourse as it is first time or sometimes possible infection. Abdominal cramps and bloating sensation can be due to the side effects of emergency contraceptive pill, as it will contain high dose of hormones. Usually you can expect withdrawal bleeding after around 7 to 10 days of intake of emergency contraceptive pill. So, if you do not get bleeding even after that or if you miss your expected date of periods, please go for urine pregnancy test once.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.