Is potassium good for high blood-pressure?

Are there any other supplements found in common foods that lower blood- pressure that I should know about?
Thu, 9 Sep 2011
's  Response
It depends. Some people use salt substitutes to help cut down on their sodium intake. Less salt (and less sodium) is good for high blood pressure. Most of these salt substitutes contain potassium. However, many blood pressure medications will naturally increase your potassium levels. Which may be where you may get the idea that it is a good thing. But potassium levels that are too high can be very dangerous - leading to fatal heart arrhythmias. Bottom line - salt substitutes are a good choice. But if you are on any medications for your heart, be sure to talk to your pharmacist FIRST. Hope this helps!