• question-icon

Is pneumonia common post ooporectomy?

Is it normal to get k pneumoniae after a lavh with ooporectomy? Urine culture came back and all it said was k pneumoniae. Bacterium not working, now my lower back hurts, frequent urination, and if I try to hold it, I have severe pelvic pains until I release itis it going to go away and how do they know if that is drug resist it or not
Tue, 11 Nov 2014
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your query on HCM.
It is not quirlte common to have urine infection with pneumoniae. But your all symptoms are suggestive of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). This can happen after surgery. Can be due to poor hygiene or pre existing infdction.
So better to get done culture and sensitivity and start antibiotics accordingly.
By doing culture and sensitivity, we can get information about drug resistance.
So start antibiotics according to sensitivity, drink plenty of fluids and keep hygiene of private parts.