Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Is pain in the testicles, abdomen, thigh common after a cortisone injection ?

hi. i am a 24 year old male. I have two herniated discs, sciatica down my right leg and arthritis in the two discs. Yesterday I received a xray guided cortisone injection. Today I am expierencing pain in my right testicle, abdomen and lower back. is this common? The pain in my testicale is kind of sharp. It feels like it is more in the back of my testical and in my abdomen and even in my thigh. Is this common after a cortison injection?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  292
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

You will have to tell us which level of the vertebrae that injection was given. If it lower down then it is possible that it might be because of the injection if it onvolves lower down vertebrae. The pain which u r experiencing sounds like a 'radicular' type of pain
Have a healthy living
Answered: Wed, 24 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor