Is operation required for goiter while having rheumatoid arthritis?

Hi, I am having all the symptoms of underactive thyroid but my blood results have been returned 3 times as OK. However, visiting doctor again he examined my neck and told me I had a goiter and would take more bloods, I am feeling really ill and should also mention that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and see a Rheumatologist twice a year. Could this result in my having an operation and after start to feel better and loose weight? Thank You
Tue, 14 May 2019