Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Is new hair grow straight after permanent straightening ? Is there any hair loss problems ?

Hello Doctor , My name is Shanmugam.A from kumbakonam. I would like to straighten my hair . So that am growing my hair for the past 4 months. My doubt is straightening of hair may lead to loss of hair? will hair get grows normally even after straightening? Waiting for your reply. Thanking you, Shanmugam.A
Asked On : Sat, 2 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
straightening of hair will surely damaged your hair,that is for sure.
hair fall start after 1-2 month of straightening and last up to 6 month.
my advise dont go for it.
just apply gel when you need straight hair
Answered: Sat, 2 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
every hair procedure using chemical in it would damage it.
it depend upon it percentage used.
even u go for hair color ,go for one which is ammonia free.
i think you got your answer
Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor