Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Is my son suffering from ADHD , if so then how can it be treated ?

I think my son has ADHD I think my son has ADHD, his teacher has told us that he is very tense in class, blurts out the answer, finds it difficult to focus, and get distracted easily. He is very intelligent but falling behind because of lack of concentration and just not motivated to study. At home i have noticed that he always leaves the table at dinner and i have to end up feeding him by following him around !! he has just turned 7 yrs. He jumps around on the sofa a lot despite being told all the time not to do that. He talks a lot sometimes about things that are not so important. He does not listen until i raise my voice or give him warnings of punishment. Simple things like getting him to wash his hands can take 10 mins. He concentrates on tasks he enjoys like lego he can spend the whole day doing lego, playing on computer games and Wii. please advise if you think there is a problem.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Occupational Therapist 's  Response

is the complaints last more than 6 month? if so, he may come under ADHD.
ADHD is attention deficit hyperactive disorder. the child may show any of this behaviour
mixed behaviour.
ADHD --- hyperactivity---- poor sitting tolerance ---- short attention span ---- leads to poor work tolerance ----- affects learning/ school complaints.
if your child exhibit any of this issues. consult your occupational therapist
suggestion: put him in skating classes, swimming
take him park, look at his interest take him in that way.
give some heavy physical activity to channelize his energy.
thank you

Answered: Thu, 21 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor