Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Is my excessive weight causing me to have irregular periods ?

i m 17 years old now...and when i was 16 i was characterised with irregular periods i went to a gynaecologist,she suggested me dronis 30 tab....and i had regular periods too..but i stopped using it as i felt sleepy taking that pill...i weigh 78kgs...and i want to know what kind of cyst i have...and i took fasting blood glucose level test and thyroid tests too..she suggested to reduce my weight and the prob would solve.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic.
yes it is very very important for you to lose weight. many women start ovulating and having regular periods once they lose weight. many a times no medication is needed if you reduce weight. half your problem gets solved. do not worry. lifestyle modifiction is the answer to your problem as of now.
Answered: Tue, 12 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor