Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Is my Blood Pressure high ?

My blood pressure is 140/100 and i am 32 years old, Is it high?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Sep 2010
Answers:  8 Views:  4286
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
My blood pressure is 140/100 and i am 32 years old, Is it high?
Answered: Sat, 25 Sep 2010
  Anonymous's Response
what should be BP for a male 45rs age 162 cm tall 60kg wt?
Answered: Tue, 28 Sep 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Hello, this is Dr Ahmad
Normal blood pressure is 120/80. You should measure the blood pressure on 3 different occassions before diagnosing it as hypertension.
My website

Answered: Wed, 29 Sep 2010
Pediatrician Dr. Santosh Kondekar's  Response
please recheck the blood pressure when you are cool with a standard equipment and let it eb confirmed by doctor. if the same reading persists repeatedly, we may need to investigate and treat you as hypertension. relax.. its a treatable condition.
click for more
Answered: Fri, 1 Oct 2010
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
welcome to health care magic
its better u take reading for 3-4 times after interval of 2 hours
then decide is ur b.p normal or not
Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. R. Rehan Baig's  Response
dear sanju, definitely your blood pressure is high. But, do not worry about it, as it should be consistently high for long periods. So, do regular checkups at different times , for a week. If it still remains high, then you have to find out the cause for your high blood pressure. As your pressure is still not very high, you can reduce your pressure without drugs.
Answered: Sun, 23 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
yes your blood pressure is high
please consult physician and get a check up and tests done as advised
you need treatment to bring your blood pressure to 120/80 mm of hg
along with treatment regular exercise and balanced healthy diets and lifestyle are very much important for control of blood pressure
hope it will help you
Answered: Fri, 11 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor