Is my BP level normal?

I had a medical today examination today I am 24 and male i m 6 2 and weigh 70kg or 155 lbs. I am concerned that my blood pressure was 148 over 78 and that my resting heart rate after several tests was 117 am I right to be concerned over these results?
Wed, 20 Mar 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response

I would explain that a single high blood pressure value and high heart rate value could be related to anxiety and does not indicate any serious medical disorder.

For this reason, I would recommend you to closely monitor your heart rate and blood pressure values in the next days.

If high blood pressure values persist, I would recommend performing some other tests:
- a resting ECG
- complete blood count, PCR, ESR for inflammation
- thyroid hormone levels for thyroid gland dysfunction
- blood electrolytes
- fasting glucose
- kidney and liver function tests.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist