Is mucus in stool a matter of concern?

I suddenly have large amounts of mucus being expelled from my colon without bowel movements. A few months ago I began having a lot of very hard stool which is unusual for me. I was diagnosed with microscopic colitis a few years ago so if I have issues, it is usually diarrhea. Should I worry about this ? The mucus can be embarrassing because I have little control over expelling it.
Wed, 6 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* The mucus in stool indicate intestine inflammation, flora disturbances or else.
* I recommend to get it precisely controlled with proper antibiotics, probiotics and other supportive measures as diet control, life style modifications.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.