Owl Image

Is masturbating harmful for HSG test ?

Im having an HSG test done on mon 945a.....dr. Said No sex till after is touchin and masterbating considered sex and harmful to test
Wed, 11 Jan 2012
Hi;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Mastrubating is not harmful but your doctor has advised you not to have sex so even mastrubating is a sexual act and can cause injury or disturb the internal vaginal condition due to seminal fluid inside which will cause disturbance in test to insert the tube.Since you are due for HSG you should try to avoid it or if you do mastrubate then there will be fluid in vagina which will disturb to put in the catheter during the test.
Thanks