Is long term usage of an expired lubricant a concern?

Hello, I bought 3 (or 3 and a half) years ago a durex play lube and have been using it sometimes with my girlfriend since then. I didn t know it was supposed to be used within 3 months from first opening. We even used it after its expiration date which was approximately one year ago. I also applied it directly on my penis sometimes when I was masturbating. We haven t noticed any skin infection or irritatgion. What could happen to us?
Tue, 13 Mar 2018
May 2017
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Although, you have not any reaction to condom material but it is not advisable to use expired condom. So avoid expired condom use, it is not at all recommended.

Condom has an expiry of 2 to 3 years so buy it after checking the expiry.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Parth Goswami