Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

149 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is long term usage of an expired lubricant a concern?

Hello, I bought 3 (or 3 and a half) years ago a durex play lube and have been using it sometimes with my girlfriend since then. I didn t know it was supposed to be used within 3 months from first opening. We even used it after its expiration date which was approximately one year ago. I also applied it directly on my penis sometimes when I was masturbating. We haven t noticed any skin infection or irritatgion. What could happen to us?
Tue, 13 Mar 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Although, you have not any reaction to condom material but it is not advisable to use expired condom. So avoid expired condom use, it is not at all recommended.

Condom has an expiry of 2 to 3 years so buy it after checking the expiry.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Parth Goswami
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I was prescribed doxycycline to manage rosacea and have been taking it regularly for about 4 years now. During a recent physical, microscopic hematuria detected. Went in for ct scan and am waiting results. Blood work up showed gfr estimated at 78. I am concerned that perhaps long term use of doxy has possibly damaged my kidneys. Is this a possibility?

doctor1 MD

Hi, I was accidentally used expired women lubricant that apply on my girlfriend when we have sex. It expired one years ago. After I wear condom on me but my pennies feel weak on the middle of sex and it still weak after few days.... I m worried there will be somethings happen to me..

doctor1 MD

is it ok to take pronangen tablet for hair growth. I am 22 years of age and have cut my hair short and now its not growing fast. I have been advised to take this tablet for fast growth. My concern is are there ny side effects if i take this tablet.