Is liver cancer curable ?

My Brother in law is suffering from liver cancer; he is living in Lahore Pakistan and just 34 years old. All best doctors of Pakistan have refused to take his case as they are saying it?s not curable! But one doctor (Breg:Naeem Naqi) from CMH Lahore has started chemotherapy and after taking two injections he is now having jaundice also. Now chemotherapy is stopped due to jaundice and they are not giving any medicine for jaundice....needs your opinion, is there any hope!
Sat, 13 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Hi.. Stage 4 is an advanced stage of the tumour and it cannot be cured.. You can get a second opinion from one of the oncologist available on this web site.. The  link is as follows

http://www.healthcaremagic.com/specialists/Oncologist/Dr-Anil-Thakwani/20

Chemotherapy drugs are hepatotoxic and that is the cause for the jaundice. You may have to wait till the jaundice reduces and treat the complications if any that may develop.. There are few other treatment options available.. An oncologist would be able to explain this better...