• question-icon

Is levetiracetam 250 mg tablets harmful to the baby if pregnant ?

Is levetiracetam 250 mg tablets harmful to the baby if pregnant ? I have been reading around and the answer I have been getting is "It is not known if KEPPRA will harm your unborn baby."
Fri, 9 Sep 2011
Hi
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, as like other aniconvelsent drug this drug has side effect on pregnancy, they affact unborn baby, convulsen mental cisorder, neurological prob, are main conginital effect of baby. this drug also secreat through breast milk so it can produse its side effect to breast feeding baby also. it cant stop instant so whenever you plan to be pregnant then consult your doc.