Is lantus medication for heart patients?

My doctor is wanting to put me on Lantus, 10 units a day, so I m trying to find somewhere that I may possibly be able to afford it. At the present time I am on Metformin and Glipizide which I get through Wal Mart s Prescription plan for 90 day supply for $10.00. We are a low income household. My spouse is 74 years old and receives only social security of $524 a month and I am 60 years old, still working for less than $29,000 gross a year. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your time, it s greatly appreciated. Marilyn email: YYYY@YYYY My height is 5 2 weight 204 lbs, my father,sister and brother all diabetic. They all have heart conditions. (My father died at age 60 of heart & lung condition) My health is good except for my diabetes and some arthritis.
Mon, 23 Aug 2021

You may increase metformin up to 1000 mg three times per day and Glipizide to 80 mg per day to avoid taking Lantus.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman, Internal Medicine Specialist