Is it true that an Esophageal Spasm may feel like an irregular heart beat?

I have what feel like irregular heart beats. I ve seen a cardioligist and had a stress test and Holter monitor with negative results. I ve been told that what I have may be Esophageal Spasm . Is it true that an Esophageal Spasm may feel like an irregular heart beat? When I m having these symptons, I feel a pressure (not pain) just to the right of the center of my chest. It makes me want to cough to clear what feels like mucus in this area. Jim
Mon, 11 Jul 2011