Is it true that African Americans are higher risk for heart disease?

Is it true that African Americans are @ higher risk for heart disease because of types of food eaten thru his Is it true that African Americans are @ higher risk of heart problems because of the types of foods they have eatten throughout history or through the last 500 years. For example fried foods, fatty foods greesy foods, scraps from the pig, cow, ect and has it then become herditary?
Fri, 18 Dec 2009
's  Response
Just wasn't the food it was all the SALT that was added, ham cured in salt., collard greens required salt to taste better. Comfort foods usually high in fat. Genetics does play a role in this. Since they were brought here against their will, they had to survive with the food they were not used to