Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Is it tachycardia or nothing to worry about? Should I see my GP doctor or ask for a cardiologist referral?

I'm 21 with a mildly high bp rate but my Dr showed no concern. I haven't checked with her but my sleeping bpm is 70 or so. While my average resting heart rate is at least 92 and walking can get to usually 115-120 bpm, and running on a treadmill brings me to nearly 200 with maybe decreasing 30-50 points after 5 minutes. This has been consistent for at least two months as I monitor it but could very well be more than 3 years but I never worried before. Should I see my gp doctor or ask for a cardiologist referral?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Mar 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  1114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Reyna,
1.Have you checked your thyroid activity. If it is high you could have a high BP.

2.Also the blood loss associated with normal menses can give rise to anemia over a period of time and you could have a high heart rate if you have anemia.

Your blood test will tell you if you have any of these two.
Answered: Fri, 18 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Anisha Parmar's  Response
if you are having this problem in normal condition then you have to go for cardiologist.get yourself checked thoroughly .if all your reports are coming normal then no need to worry. you can take arjun tab 2tab 3times for 1mth.
Answered: Fri, 18 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Going for a 200 heartrate is not something which should make you vist the cardiologist I guess.

Answered: Mon, 15 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Yes, you should see your cardiologist. I was on the elliptical when I saw my heart rate was at 200, and went to see my doctor due to that and other symptoms. Shortly after I was diagnosed with POTS. Although it's not a severe case of it, it still effects me daily, and atleast knowing the symptoms and what is causing it helps a lot. I recommend seeing your doctor.
Answered: Fri, 18 Feb 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor