Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Is it something related to eye problem or should I meet a GP ?

I am facing a problem where I am having bearable headache affecting the areas near the ears. The headchae is accompanied by pain in the eyes. It is not because of problem in my specs but I guess the eye pain is emanating from behind the eyes and I feel like something is trying to push my eyes out of the socket. Is it something related to eye problem or should I meet a GP?
Sun, 20 Mar 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
This could be due to stress or what is called tension headache due to muscle spasm or cluster headache it would help if you elaborated on your symptoms regarding the headache being more or less with sleep? and duration of headache you should probably get yourself checked by an ophthalmologist also to make sure it's not related to your eyesight.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
I too have a similar problem which is persisting for 2 days now-- My symptoms - - having a heaviness in my temple towards the circle of my eyes. Not a real headache. - dont have cold / blockage. - have a heaviness in my head too.. - have no records of sinus or migrane earlier. Any idea or suggestions?
  User's Response
I guess this is more to do with stress or deaddiction types.When i left cigs , i had a similar feeling for you have any problem concentarting on work ? I had heard somehwre that stress at work or at home front also causes similar symptom.
  Anonymous's Response
You may still want to get your eyes checked up by an optometrist.Change in the lens power also manifests in the same fashion. In some people it also causes eye redness or tearful eyes.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor