Is it safe to withdraw from blood pressure medication?

Here is my question: I have been on blood pressure medication for about 10 years. Mainly because I didn’t know the effects of sleep apnea. This past January, i started to use a CPAP and working out on a daily bases. My BP is now 118/77. I would like to go off of the mess, but my PCP says no. What do you think? Is it safe to go off of them? I plan on slowly weaning myself off.
Tue, 19 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

No its not safe to withdraw from antihypertensive medication. Diet control,low salt diet,moderate proteins,low saturated fats, low sugar, daily 30 to 45 mints walk and stress free life and use of medication all that you need it. Regular check up of Blood pressure on both arms is needed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.