Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Is it safe to undergo laser treatment for refractive error in the eyes ?

hello sir,iam 25yrs old, height 5.3 with short sight -3.0 in both eyes now iam thinking to go fr laser treatment n iam female can i go fr it.what is the cost fr this laser treatment in india..iam physical very healthy nt having any internal problms in body except this eye sight and my parents are saying not to go for laser treatment they are saying becoz it may harm my eyes and total get blind. pls suggest me some solution
Asked On : Fri, 17 Feb 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Minus 3 without astigmatism and age 25 (you eyes have stopped growing) in general makes you an ideal candidate for lasik or photorefractive keratotomy (PRK). There are however contraindications such a a thin cornea, ocular surface disease, allergy, or other concurrent ocular pathology that a reputable center should pick up. I don't know the costs in India, but in the US, this refraction can be corrected for $299/eye plus consultation.
Answered: Thu, 5 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Now you can go for laser treatment for your numbers as now enough time has passed for laser treatment and found to be safe too.
But as you do not have much number you can avoid this therapy and go for contact lenses if you do not like spects.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 17 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor