Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Is it safe to undergo intravenus theraphy for pemphigus vulgaris ?

Name Suman Gupta Age 52 years Ailment :Pamphigus Vulgaris since 18 months Under medicines: Mycept,dapsone----------- od My query is still there is eruption of blisters on the back.What do u suggest as the next course of action.Do I need to undergo DCP or Rituximab IV...Is it safe to undergo intravenus therapy .
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, this is autoimmune dieases, in which blister are formed which are painful. in such type of diease immunosuppresant shiuld be given. you should take these medicine for long time like 2 to 3 yrs so not before it you think about iv. this is not cured as long as possible you should take oral immunosupprasant drug.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
pemphigus vulgaris is auto immune disease
it is very serious condition and must be treat by dermatologist
there is no permanent cure for it
we can keep it in control by medicine
yes ,in severe case intravenous therapy is good option and help in fast recovery .
you may need higher steroid and immuno suppresive agent also .

i hope i have answered your question .
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor