Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Is it safe to travel when the Bilirubin level in blood is high ?

Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  408
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Bilirubin 3.8 is higher it means something wrong with liver metabolism.
Go for further investigation to rule out diagnosis.USG abdomen,urine test,HbsAg,Sgpt.sgot.....
consult your physician for diagnosis and than take decision
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
How are the reports of direct and indirect bilirubin levels. Does she have fever. Any vomiting, pain abdomen. She needs to reduce fatty food intake, eat more fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Please provide the direct and indirect bilirubin levels and also whatever test was done then only it will be possible to comment. If she is fine she can travel, but it would be better to know why she has the problem.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor