Is it safe to take medicine to reduce testosterone hormone as i have PCOD ?

22 years old. I was diagnosed with PCOD in the year 2009 and i had some contraceptives to correct my period as advised by my gynecologist . She advised me to have six cycles of which i had just three. As i felt something wrong about it. And my body type is very thin. I am hardly 40 kgs. Now my periods have become kind of good. But the problem that concerns me the most now is excess hair growth in tummy,breasts area,legs, pubic area,face and acne on the face and back. Its causing me a lot of stress as i am allergic to waxing and any sort of hair removing. I read somewhere that for Hirutism, some doctors advice anti androgen to be taken along with some other medicines and some other pills to reduce the level of testosterone. My question is if it would be safe for me to have those pills if so could you please advice me with the dose and the name of the medicine i should take with supplements if any. Please I hope you would bring in your kind attention to this matter as this is distressing me.
Sun, 24 Apr 2011