Is it safe to take benadryl while taking vyvanse?

Is it safe. to take vyvanse while taking benadryl?
Mon, 2 May 2011
Drug/Medication ,   ,   ,  
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
No, it is not suitable to take Vyvanse with Benadryl as it may Potentiate the CNS depression.

Good Luck.

My 13 yo son takes vyvanse 40mg in the morning. He was just sitting at the table where he usually sits, chatting with me, and took a vyvanse now at 9:45 pm. He wasn t thinking... kind of on auto pilot as if it was a morning and he was at breakfast and I was tinkering around the kitchen. What can we do?? I just have him two Benadryl (he often will take that OR a melatonin for bedtime) I m worried about he will feel tomorrow...if he will sleep tonight

Hey, I recently took 30mg of vyvanse in a slow release capsule about 5 hours ago. I still feel wide awake and I really want to sleep tonight. I have stress induced insomnia and I am not prescribed any medication for it so I compensate with 125mg of benadryl . While this is not healthy by itself, I plan on taking 75mg of benadryl to counter act the vyvanse so i can sleep tonight. I just want to make sure I am not going to die if I take it or have another horrible side effect. This is a one time thing but I still want to make sure before I just go and take some pills.

Recent questions on  Benadryl

I have an allergic reaction to something and my bottom lip is swollen and the Benadryl doe not seem to be working. The medication I take is Lisinpril with a baby aspirin everyday, I use a topical medication on my face called Erythromycin Topical Solutoion 2% , I think I got some on my lip and that may be resting with my medicine do I need to take an antibiotic ?

my 41 year old son has been breaking out with hives for the past 6 weeks, he has gone on a gluten and wheat free diet which has not helped! he is lactose intolerant. tonight his lips were also badly swollehe has been taking Benadryl but it does not give him much relief.

i am almost 43, female, 170 pounds,having an elective surgery in 3 weeks, i only take birth control pills (9 years now) and tylenol/ibuprofen when on period, recently took for several months-over the counter (benadryl, allergy stuff for my severe allergies- round the clock) Prior to that was sick with needing antibiotics/inhaler for terrible cold, WELL- ALL MY LABS are beautiful, all normal. THE ONLY ONE slightly elevated (depending on the lab - ONE LAB range shows ALT/SGPT of 30-65/ another shows 7-56) so these would make MY ALT of 49 NORMAL.But the lab I went to show 2-45 making my 49 only 4 points over. I DO NOT DRINK, I am thinking since ALL MY OTHER labs are PERFECT esp the ones in relation to liver correlation, that perhaps the meds have done this?? I have had negative results for Hep B and HIV (drawn during my last pregnancy in 2010) so I am thinking perhaps this is elevated due to the over the counter stuff I took?? WILL THEY DENY my surgery over 4 lousy points if my HEALTH/HISTORY is otherwise PERFECT. based on the other posts, I feel perhaps it is medication. I can NOT see my Primary doc not clearing me for surgery just for 4 points.? thank you for your time

My son is 7yr old .He is allergic to eggs.He has got flu shot today and his arm is swollen and sore. we have given him oral benadryl and applied hydrocortisone ointment in that area. should we apply hot compress or cold compress? any other suggestions? Thank you.

Is there a Benadryl -Malox- L:idocaine mouthwash available without prescription?

I think I have found bedbug infestation on my mattress. I have also received many bites every night. I got rid of the mattress and have found no signs on the main body of the berd. How do you get rid of bedbugs and will they spread to other parts...

I am taking Temezapam for sleep--for at least 3 months. Are alternative medicines available to help me sleep?