Is it safe to take aspirin with a statin drug ?

is it safe to take aspirin with a statin drug?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
Drug/Medication ,   ,  
's  Response
My doctor told me to take a 75mg aspirin every day. She has also prescribed statins for me. So, it must be safe.

I am taking a STATIN IN THE EVENING BEORE BEDTIME (Pravastatin 40 mg._. IS IT SAFE TO ALSO TAKE A BABY ASPIRIN AT THE SAME TIME FOR HEART ATTACKS/STROKES? I am a 70-year old woman.

My Dr. just put me on 80 mg of Atorvastatin and I m NOT very happy about it....EVERYTHING I have read about Statin drugs is BAD!! Toxic, poison. One time long ago, I remember on the program THE DR s they had a specialist on and he even said NO ONE should be put on Statin drugs......Also I read that if you are taking them, you need to be on C0q10....she never prescribed those to me and never said a word about them....should I start taking these on my own??

I have not had good luck trying 3 of the statin drugs...leg cramps even taking just 5 mg every other day. This was trying Crestor. Previously had tried Altorvastatin and Pravastin and they both caused more extensive leg cramps. My Dr. has now suggested ezetemibe. Now I m looking for more information on that drug and also the injection Rapatha. Thank you Gail

Recent questions on  Atorvastatin

what do they do to prevent urinary incontinence in a patient who is going to have a colonoscopy?

patient is a female who will be 80 in may, about 5'4" and weighs about 118 lbs. Is on night oxygen. Has copd, takes lipitor for high cholesterol, bp meds, prilosec for gerd and fortical for osteoporosis.

Can I take viagra whilst on prescriptions for ramipril 2.5mg, atorvastatin 20mg and omeprazole 20mg I have had haemochromatosis for 6 years Apart from that I’m healthy and run 60km on average per week including competitive races I have been...

My Father has been gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.My father is taking medicine triglynase1 before lunch for the last one month.Before that for the last one year my father was taking medicine...

My Father has been gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.Mainly i want to know the health of the heart. And what we need to do next.

I am having a problem with my lips burning, tingling, sore, iching. I am on meds Gabapentin 300mg, atorvastatin 20mg vibryd 20mg, lisinopril 20 mg. my daughter thinks I might be having a allergic reaction. I talked to dr.s nurse last week and he told me to use carmex and drink water. Did that got some better but today has been another bad day.

MY ECG SHOWS I HAVE RBBB, AND BORDER LINE LEFT ATRIAL ABNORMALITY.I FEEL VERY WEAK WITH SEVERE INSOMNIA. I AM 64 YRS OLD MALE AND AM TAKING ANTI HT MEDICINE, IE.,MINIPRESS XL-10MG TWICE, DITIDE ,METAPROLOL-50MG, AND ATORVASTATIN ,ONCE. BOWEL MOVEMENT IS POOR, WITH BLOATED STOMACH.
PLEASE ADVISE.
S N RAO

I'm having SGOT 44 and SGPT 67 and trigliceride at 400. I'm on 10 mg Atorvastatin. I used to take 160 mg of Lipitor also along with Atorvastatin. I've stopped Lipitor for last 2 months. I have been on these drugs for last 5 years. The SGPT and SGOT have been steadily over the last 5 year. Please advise.