Is it safe to take Acetaminaphen for temperature above 100 degrees?

My 68 year old husband has a history of kidney stones. He had a lithotripsy 4 days ago for a kidney stone after having a stent placed for a week prior. The stone was intially lodged in the ureter but was too high to have a basket retrieval so it was pushed back into the kidney for the later lithotripsy. He was taken off Plavix and ASA he takes for 2 prior heart attacks. He was taking Hydrocodone every 4 hours for pain. He also has a hx of prostate cancer successfully treated by proton therapy. The stent was removed yesterday. He developed low abdominal discomfort, lethargy, loss of appetite and a low grade temp. He is voiding without difficulty. IVP was done today along with a urinalysis, CBC and chem profile but all is normal. Waiting on urine culture results. IM Rosefin and PO Ceclor was started today. He continues with the low grade temp, now no higher than 100.8 but has no appetite (is drinkining) and falls asleep at the drop of a hat. He is currently taking Acetaminaphen for the temp above 100, Ceclor 3x/day and Protonix. MD does not think problem could be a fungal infection. Just waiting now for urine culture results but my husband is miserable in the meantime. Any thoughts?
Thu, 28 Mar 2019