Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Is it safe to swim in public pool with a pilonidal cyst that has not be drained or popped?

Pilonidal Cyst . Is it safe to swim in a public swimming pool with a pilonidal cyst that has not been popped or drained and has no visible head? I am on antibiotics as well and just started them today, and I m going on vacation this weekend, and if the cyst hasnt popped yet I would like to know if i can still swim. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  231
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for posting your question here, I will try to answer it to the best of my abilities.

I would recommend that you avoid swimming, pools are full of germs and bacteria, even though they add loads of chlorine in the water and if your cyst bursts while you are swimming it can lead to an infection and that will unnecessarily complicate things.

I hope this answered your question.
Answered: Wed, 14 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor