Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Is it safe to still keep the baby after having an incomplete abortion with Misoprostol ?

Is it still safe to keep this baby? I had a medical abortion with misoprostol about 10 days ago and had heavy bleeding on that day. Thought it s been aborted, recently I started feelingweak again and went to see a doctor yesterday. After a scan and other tests were done, it was confirmed am still pregnant , please doctor , is it safe for me to still keep this baby cos I think what I had was an incomplete abortion. Thx
Asked On : Mon, 28 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  308
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
After your scan it is clear that baby is still alive and it was an unsuccessful abortion. The drug you took for abortion might have detrimental effects on the growth of the baby.It is best to get the baby aborted rather than taking the risk of a malformed baby.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Mon, 28 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor