Is it safe to go for spinal fusion surgery?

hi. Im having spinal fusion soon, l4 and l5. Scared to death of pain. I know there will be some after leaving hospital obviously and while being there. I have an excellent surgery, he was chief over all orthopedic surgeons, at Kaiser, and told me I will be well taken care of, and wont feel much pain due to Dillaudid. Im having Dillaudid for 2 to 3 days. Very confident in surgeons ability, and fact that Dillaudid sounds good. I have watched almost all the spinal fusion youtube videos, and people on Dillaudid videos, filmed in their hospital rooms on cell phones. Scared to death of surgery, but think I might be over stressing. Im 46, and weigh 230. I know each person is different. Im not allergic to any meds. Ive read its fantastic. A few people also went into cardiac arrest also.
Mon, 5 Jan 2015
Good day and thanks for your question. I quite understand your anxiety, but like you said you have an excellent surgeon who tries to allay your anxiety. With a good surgeon it is safe to go for a spinal fusion surgery.
If you are religious, pray over it and go have it done. Hope it works.
Thank you.