Is it safe to do surgical abortion within 5 to 6 weeks of pregnancy ?

Hi, my wife is pregnant of 6 weeks and we are thinking of having abortion within few days? Which method will be most suitable for abortion--Medical or surgical? Gynocologisted had advised us to go for surgical abortion as the pills may fail to have 100% abortion. Gynocologist also stated that an abortion will be carried out within 6 hours and my wife can resume duty the next day. I would like to know will be the procedure of abortion? Are there any stiched or cut during abortion? Will there be any problem for intercourse? Is it safe for next pregranancy? Do the newly born baby will face any problem? Please reply.
Mon, 9 May 2011