Is it safe to decrease the dose of Inderal for migraine?

I have been on Inderal for years for migraine headaches. I take 60 mg a day. Is it possible that your body can get use to it and it does not help anymore. I still have headaches at least one a week. I have tapered off of the Inderal and now only taking 40 mg. Is this wise to do so
Wed, 6 Mar 2019
Neurologist 's  Response

That is a very low dose you are using. Doesn't make sense to decrease it even more, if anything interrupting it all together should be considered.

If it's not effective to prevent your migraines (1 migraine a week is too much) then other preventive medications should be considered, there are several classes of migraine preventive medications, other alternatives may be tried.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Olsi Taka, Neurologist