• question-icon

Is it safe to conceive after an radioactive iodine treatment?

hi..i have undergone raioactive iodine last october7,2010.but right im still under medication because my doctor told me that my freet4 and freet3 is still high,is not possible that the Rai operation did not help me?i am planning to get pregnant thi december is it safe for me and the baby?
Mon, 13 Feb 2017
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi, it is safe to get pregnant after 2 years of radioactive iodine treatment. In some cases, rai may not work and you have to take medicines for that. Talk to your doctor regarding this. Sometimes relapse occurs that means it was treated but again appears. I think you should get your thyroid under control before planning a baby because it can lead to miscarriages also. Pregnancy won't have any harm for you. Hope I have answered your question . If you have any other query I will be happy to help.
Dr khushboo