Is it safe to abort during second trimester of pregnancy?

hey doctor i m 21 weeks plus pregnant.is it safe for me to get abortion.my baby is having single umbilical artery.i am having pcod.actually i m 33 yrs old and having affair for 10 yrs wid my bf.but he can marry after 2 yrs only.i m in tension.plz help
Wed, 30 Sep 2015
Medical termination of pregnancy, in India, is permitted only up to 20 weeks of pregnancy. Beyond this period, it needs to be done only under specific medical conditions and also after opinion by two or more experts. In this context, if you live in India, you cannot proceed for an abortion unless it can be proved that the fetus is liable to face grave danger if it is born. Single umbilical artery is not a dangerous situation. Also, considering your age and since you also suffer from PCOD, termination may not be advisable. Hope this helps.