Is it safe for a person with an enlarged spleen to drink alcohol?

I had appendicitis in early September and had it removed. The tension on my appendicitis led to the discovery of an enlarged spleen. I am 100% now but was told 3 weeks ago my spleen was still slightly enlarged. Is it safe for me to drink alcohol if I feel like im 100% and feel like my spleen is probably healthy by now..??
Wed, 4 Sep 2019

No, it is not safe to drink alcohol, as your enlarged spleen indicates that your liver is not working well and alcohol will get it worse.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Salah Saad Shoman, Internal Medicine Specialist