Is it required to take the morning after pill?

Hi, i am 16 and had sex, the condom slipped off when my boyfriend pulled back. The condom was in my vagina. Came out with sperm in it. I am using the conception pill. But do i have to get a morning after pill also? My last period begins on 29th november and my periods are 28 days long.
Tue, 15 Apr 2014
Hi there.
16 is a tender age & at the outset, my first advice to you is to please get off the pill & enjoy your adolescence sans any health issues. The contraceptive pill has numerous side effects least of all weight gain. Please read through them & note that some of them can be quite serious & life threatening!
If using the contraceptive pill, this time it appears safe & no morning after pill is necessary.
The pull-out method is always fraught with risk & please ask your boyfriend/s to ensure they hold onto the condom rim while doing so. This will help prevent these kind of incidents. Please do so yourself to keep yourself safe.
Always practice safe sex & while I am not advocating liberal sex at your age, perhaps the condom & a morning after pill during the 'unsafe' days & when in doubt is a better bet than being on the pill as a rule at your age.
Good Luck & here's to a safe existence & enjoy your life responsibly! Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD