Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
172 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Is it possible to treat piles without surgery?

Please advise that is it possible to treat piles without surgery ? I heard in Aurangabad by giving injection they cure it. is it safe i mean okey to do it? I am suffering and my doctor said i am in stage 2 now have to do quick action.
please advise, thanks. I am in Aurangabad, MH
Wed, 30 Mar 2016
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain it seems that you are suffering from Hemorrhoids also known as Piles and the symptoms of bump sticking out from anus along with pain and blood on wiping seems to be due to it..

Hemorrhoids are inflamed and swollen veins that are formed when there is continuous irritation of the veins present in the rectum area and inflammation can lead to pain and bleeding during bowel evacuation..

Consult a Proctologist and get evaluated and a clinical evaluation and anoscopy can be done for diagnosis..
In case if piles is confirmed then you can be advised:
-Application of steroid and numbing ointment..
-Sitz bath that is sitting in warm water tub especially after bowels....
-High fibre diet along with laxatives like Polyethylene glycol and stool softeners like Docusate to maintain proper bowels..
-Avoid spicy food and drink plenty of water..

-In case of no improvement with medical treatment you can be advised surgical procedures like Rubber band ligation, sclerotherapy or Hemorrhoidectomy that is surgical removal of the hemorrhoids..

Hope this information helps..
Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Dear sir I am Prasad of Bangalore city of India. I relocated here from city Hyderabad of Indian in 2008. I am suffering with hypertension since...