Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to treat fourth nerve palsy through surgery ?

Hello, I have been diagnosed as having a fourth nerve palsy in my right eye. I have been seen by both my Optometrist & a Specialist. I asked the Specialist whether the condition is correctible through any form of surgery to which he responded no . However, when searching through the Internet I have found that it potentially is possible to correct. I would be grateful for your opinion . Kind regards, Stewart
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  142
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
if you are having forth nerve palsy you have to wait upto 6 month .if you are having any squint or any head tilt even after 6 months then it can be corrected.please specify if you had any trauma or MRIBRAIN SCAN REPORTS.
Answered: Wed, 7 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. N. K. Misra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal
It is important to find out the reason for this problem.Blood tests and mri will probably give a clue.Once a cause is found then it is possible to treat it.
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor