Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to reduce weight through pills ?

hi im 22 my height is 58 and weight is 90 my waist line has increased from 32 to 36 in just 6 months im feeling low can u please recommend me some weight reducing pills which are effective... my waist line has increased from 32 to 36 in just 6 months im feeling low... also include the prices of those medicines... help me...
Asked On : Mon, 20 Jun 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hello i m dr a k singh from e mail i d is a_k 227@
i have pet ayurvedic formula to reduce worth approx.3to5 thousand per month
i u need u can contact at my e mail.
Answered: Mon, 20 Jun 2011
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response

Thanks for query
Regular exercise along with balanced controlled diet works better than medicines.Sincere constant efforts are required to loose weight .
Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.
Answered: Mon, 20 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
first get a medical check up to exclude any organic cause .thyroid function should be tested

reduction of weight needs strong determination and regular exercises with strict diet control
to have sustained effect.
avoid all fast foods ,soft drinks ,cake pastry ,sweets
take plenty of vegetables,fruits pulses 'proteins
do not skip meals
you will get the result
Answered: Mon, 20 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
hi ,
welcome to HCM.
read your prob, you r only 22 yrs old so dont try any medicine which reduse your weight,
as it has more side effects.. you should start morning walk, after then take heavy breakfast , take meal as you need but take more liquid before weight increse due to fasting state ........ try it u feel change within days.
another causes of increasing weight r tyroid hormon imbalance, n diabetes.
so u have to rule out that diease by getting blood test.
dr aseem
Answered: Mon, 20 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The ideal weight for height of 5'8" is between 60-74 kgs so at 90 kgs you are surely obese.As you said that there was sudden increase in 6 months in weight so you need to figure out the reason for it.Whether you are eating more;or fatty and fried food ;lack of exercise and even diseases like hypothyroid can cause increase in weight so analyse yourself and find the reason if needed get thyroid tested.Once the reason is known like if you have thyroid then you will have to get treated and if there is problem due to eating and lack of exercise then you will have to avoid fatty fried food;and follow strict diet and along with that you will have to do exercise.If these things don't work to reduce your weight then consult a doctor in person for medicine.
Answered: Mon, 20 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor