Is it possible to reduce release of melanin in body?

hello Sir, is it possible to reduce release of melanin in body... as u know skin lightening is big issue with indians and so i have...i have been trying various home remedies frm my childhood but i can see no difference..everyday i think wt can be done...is it worth going to dermatologist
Thu, 24 May 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It is not possible to reduce melanin by any home remedies. Vitamin C and Glutathione might inhibit melanin production to some extent.
The production of melanin in skin is based genetically. So, do not try to reduce melanin by any home remedy.

However,you may consult the dermatologist.

Thanks.
Dr.Ilyas Patel MD