Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to lower blood pressure without medication?

How can my dad lower his blood pressure without taking drugs? How can my dad lower his blood pressure without taking drugs?
Mon, 12 Sep 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
With his diet. Talk to Dr, about what foods help lower bp.
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
One should try at all to reduce HBP if it is moderate to severe. In border line cases
change life style may provide some benefit, but you are not sure of getting benifit.
Salt restriction in diet, avoiding fatty and high calori diet, remaninig steress free,
good sleep, regular exercdise, yoga etc may give you some benifit. Thanks
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
this is very good question

u kkow very intrusting thing in B.P. is nonpharmacolgical means
1 wt loss
2stop smoking
3 reduce stress
4 low salt diet
5 low fat diet
6 daily exercise ..... in most of the cases no need of medicine(in public intrust)
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor