Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to increase my height

I Need help, I am 25yrs old Lady, Unmarried. My problem is SHORT HEIGHT, I am 4.8 feet height. Is it possible to increase my height at this age by growth hormone or any another treatment ?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Dec 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  220
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi.. Welcome to healthcaremagic community forum!!!
Based on the scientific facts, growth in height starts to cease by 18years, and no further growth is possible after 25years. Though growth hormone supplements are effective in increasing height in children, its not effective(neither are any other supplements) in increasing height.
Relatively small increase in height can be possible after 25years of age by correction of spine deformities(if any), through exercises or interventions.
Answered: Sat, 11 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Hi.. Welcome to healthcare magic forum
No known drug ,hormone exercise can increase height at this age,only with surgery you can gain some height ,which is not advisable.Disclaimer
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor