Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to increase in height at the age of 21 ?

i am 21yrs old female..having height 4 feet 10inches....wanna increase my height ....what should i do now?i have bought calcium carbonate with vitamin D3 tablets and planning to eat that once a day 5oomg .how much effective would it be?..please suggest me the appropriate solution..
Asked On : Sat, 26 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  884
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response
Hi Young lady
Look calcium carbonate, Vitamin D3 stuff like these wont help you at all height of human body is totally depend upon your genes it is genetic constitution and not the infectious disease which can curred so do not take above mentioned agents it some time make you more irritated particularly a calcium is such mineral which could bring mental irritation if taken for longer period of time
Answered: Sat, 26 Mar 2011
  User's Response
Hi Dear
Please dont go for such options which are not result oriented , I mean by now women have attained their total height and very rarely increase occurs in it. Some quacks try to sell growth hormones at this age , but that also wont help now when epiphyses have fused.
Just eat healthy food , rich in fruits and green leafy vegetables and do aerobic exercises daily. and hope for the best.
Good Luck!!!!
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor