Is it possible to have mutiple open heart surgerys ?

Is it possible to have mutiple open heart surgery ?
Wed, 21 Aug 2013
's  Response
yes....as many as needed

My mother is 76 and has been a heart patient for some time. Her most recent heart cath shows only 2 arteries open, the 2 that have stents. Her heart surgeon does not recommend surgery at this time. She is generally healthy, takes her blood pressure and cholesterol medicine, and rests when she tires. I know that there is no perfect way to know, but I would like to know approx. how much longer she will be with us.

a child aged two years has a hole in the heart .it was detected when she was a baby. through a year of followup at hospital the heart specialist has informed that she needs to undergo an open heart surgery. she is my niece . what is your opinion on this cos i was hoping that the hole will close by itself...

Hi, my daughter(12 days old) have heart murmur. We will go for 2d echocardiography for heart murmur. What are the chance of going for heart surgery? and is it possible that the murmur cause any other significant diseases? She also has Rubella in significant caution.

Recent questions on  Cardiac surgery

I had undergone PDA surgery when I was 3 yrs old. I got married 6 months back and got pregnant in last June. During the routine check up for the pregnancy, it was found that, I have SEVERE AS and MILD AR. And doctor advised me to terminate the pregnancy and prescribed immediate Aortic valve replacement surgery. After this, we consulted another doctor and he also came to the same conclusion. We did MTP on June 11th, and after this I got normal periods on July 9th. My next appointment with the cardiologist is on 19th August. Based on the ECHO and ECG, they said, we can fix the date of operation. Doctor has opted, BIO-PROSTHETIC AORTIC VALVE REPLACEMENT. In the last two months, our life was much changed by hearing all this. Abortion and operation, tension, grief everything. I would like to know Doctor, I donâ??t have faced any problem in walking or climbing steps, cycling or anything. I was leading a normal life. After this operation, would we be having any problem with conceiving again? Please take this as my request and please let me know will this operation cause any problem in having children and leading a normal life.

My mom had open heart surgery approx. 1 month ago to remove an atrial myxoma that had damaged the mitral valve. They replaced the valve and damaged an artery during the removal of the myxoma, so they also did a by-pass. She was slow to wake up from anesthesia, but started making great recovery. She was able to shower, cook, drive, etc. Then last week, literally overnight, she developed severe tremors when she would engage in any kind of movement. She shakes, has terrible balance, no energy and speech is slowed. I ve had her to the ER twice, and they say all her labs are normal. Even did a cat scan and it was normal. They are referring her to a neurologist. Any ideas what could cause this? She had been doing so well, now she can t even stay home alone.

My aunty underwent a cardiac surgery ( valve replacement) 3 months ago. All her health issues got recovered. She was perfectly alright after surgery. But for last 1 month, problem came by another way. She is suffering from severe sleeping disorder for more than 20 days... even after taking heavy sleeping dose she is not sleeping. she is not able to rest her head in the bed even just 5 min. how to get over this problem? which doctor i can contact in chennai?                                    

My 57 year old cousin was admitted to the hospital last week with congestive heart failure and was told only 20 percent of his heart was functioning. Turns out he has all kinds of blockages all over his body. They had to put in four stents including one in the coronary artery before they could do bypass surgery today. He needs three bypasses but they were only able to do two. Before surgery, he was told that they wanted to do more stents this week as soon as he recovered from the bypass surgery. What kind of prognosis do you think my cousin has?

I had a triple bypass 2weeks ago ...I have a new low grade but constant pain lower left side ..not sick to stomach been having bowel movements

My aunt (61 female) has recently been diagnosed with AORTIC VALVE STENOSIS and has been advised to undergo corrective surgery outside our state (J&K) and preferably in XXXXXXX Need to know about the prognosis and the treatment options. Also if you...

Shortness of breath often I am 82 years old and my valve is wearing out (according to the Dr) is valve replacement an option