Is it possible to have mutiple open heart surgerys ?

Is it possible to have mutiple open heart surgery ?
Wed, 21 Aug 2013
yes....as many as needed

My mother is 76 and has been a heart patient for some time. Her most recent heart cath shows only 2 arteries open, the 2 that have stents. Her heart surgeon does not recommend surgery at this time. She is generally healthy, takes her blood pressure and cholesterol medicine, and rests when she tires. I know that there is no perfect way to know, but I would like to know approx. how much longer she will be with us.

a child aged two years has a hole in the heart .it was detected when she was a baby. through a year of followup at hospital the heart specialist has informed that she needs to undergo an open heart surgery. she is my niece . what is your opinion on this cos i was hoping that the hole will close by itself...

Hi, my daughter(12 days old) have heart murmur. We will go for 2d echocardiography for heart murmur. What are the chance of going for heart surgery? and is it possible that the murmur cause any other significant diseases? She also has Rubella in significant caution.

Recent questions on Cardiac surgery

My grandfather is having a heart bypass tomorrow due to him having clots in his legs, the doctors told him he would not survive the surgery on his legs in he did not have this heart bypass, how risky is this operation going to be? He gave up smoking last year after smoking for 40+ years. What chance does he have of surviving this operation? They have already put it off twice before because they didnt think he would make it through!!

what does reticulating artery mean I have CAD a triple bypass 6 stints and a MI 3 weeks ago and a stint cleaned out that was 85% blocked The last ekg I had was monday and thats what it said reticulating artery I couldnt read the last 2 words I dont have Any Money

hi doctor my father underwent value transplantation..(tissue valve) 15months ago. every 3 months we do go for regular check up. Today we had gone to take his echo. in the report it is mentioned in Left ventricle as ASH. can i know what is this about. is that anything serious??? please help me fast doctor

My grandpa (75) has been diagnoised that out of his 4 valves only one one is functioning now. The docs have told that there is no chance of doing on this as his body will not fit for surgery. Presently he is in Coma stage. Is there any hope for his survival

I had a triple bypass 2weeks ago ...I have a new low grade but constant pain lower left side ..not sick to stomach been having bowel movements

My aunt (61 female) has recently been diagnosed with AORTIC VALVE STENOSIS and has been advised to undergo corrective surgery outside our state (J&K) and preferably in XXXXXXX Need to know about the prognosis and the treatment options. Also if you...

Shortness of breath often I am 82 years old and my valve is wearing out (according to the Dr) is valve replacement an option