Is it possible to get pregnant while on IUD?

I have the I D Mirena for 6 months now. It was reinserted after my 5 years. I have always had my periods on time every month. This month my period was due around about the 2nd give or take a day or 2. I never got it. A week after it was due I started getting period like cramps, headaches, lower back cramps and some nausea. Today is about 2 weeks late and I had a negative hp test last week. Is it possible that I could be pregnant with the IUD?
Fri, 26 Sep 2014
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hi dear and thanks for your query.

MIRENA IS A VERY SAFE BIRTH CONTROL METHOD ,98 %.
IF LAST WEEK PREGNANCY TEST AT HOME WAS NEGATIVE ,YOU AREN'T PREGNANT.
DELAY PERIODS OR MISSED PERIODS MAY BE FROM MIRENA .

ALL THE BEST